Three new recordings.
We are—as usual—*very* excited about these three new projects!
- Vinny Golia: Intercommunications http://pfmentum.com/product/vinny-golia-intercommunications-pfmcd111nwcd329/ not only features Golia’s deep and diverse skills on multiple woodwinds, but his truly wondrous gong collection. A treat to listen to, and part of Golia’s continuing pilgrimage exploring adventurous music and new forms. This is the second joint release of pfMENTUM and Ninewinds.
- Michael Vlatkovich: TRYYO, Flying Box http://pfmentum.com/product/michael-vlatkovich-tryyo-flying-box-pfmcd112/ is the second pfMENTUM outing for the group of Vlatkovich, Jonathan Golove, and Damon Short. Exciting, dynamic compositions spring into twisted and exciting improvisations. An awesome followup to their earlier release, Pershing Woman!
- Andrew Raffo Dewar, Ann LeBaron, and Andrea Centazzo: Encantamientos http://pfmentum.com/product/andrew-raffo-dewar-andrea-centazzo-anne-lebaron-encantamientos-pfmcd104/ is the first pfMENTUM outing for this ensemble, and we want to hear more! Subtle, nuanced interplay is at the core of this fine recording (engineer Clay Chaplin). A rewarding, intriguing listen with surprising details, turns, and twists unveiled by the musicians throughout the duration of the recording, befitting the title which translates as “incantations.”
- Please read on for details, free tracks and a preview of an upcoming project.
Andrew Raffo Dewar (soprano saxophone)
Andrea Centazzo (percussion, live electronics)
Anne LeBaron (acoustic and electric harps)
Encantamiento I (3:19)
Encantamiento II (7:12)
Encantamiento III (6:50)
Encantamiento IV (6:03)
Encantamiento V (4:03)
Encantamiento VI (5:27)
Encantamiento VII (8:02)
Recorded, mixed, and mastered by Clay Chaplin at the California Institute for the Arts on January 28, 2012
Cover Art by Eduardo Serón, “Forma” (1958) 80x80cm, acrylic on canvas, used by permission of the artist
All titles ©2017 Andrea Centazzo/Andrew Raffo Dewar/Anne LeBaron.
Published by Golden Croak Music (BMI), Free Movement Arts (ASCAP), and Andrea Centazzo Music (ASCAP).
Layout and Design: Hillary McDaniel
TRYYO Flying Box
Michael Vlatkovich • Trombone/Composer
Jonathan Golove • Electric Cello
Damon Short • Drums
1. Pedal Sharp Four The Name (4:44)
2. Communicating Their Silence (5:11)
3. Exposed To Higher Concentrations Of Stubidity (5:10)
4. Unknown Known (7:36)
5. Thank You For Cleaning Up After the Lunatics (4:32)
6. Wanted Tambourine Player Hair Stylist (5:54)
7. Reassurances From The Apologetically Insincere (4:05)
8. The Snakes Always Talk about Ill Fitting Doll Clothes On The Chickens (5:55)
9. May I Have A Few More Polka Dots (4:11)
10. If Here Were There There Would Be Here (4:43)
All Compositions ©2016 Julius Ivory Music, ASCAP
Photo: Julia Fitzgerald • Design: Jeff Kaiser
Newzone Studio, Los Angeles • Engineer: Wayne Peet
Recorded: 08/06/15 • Edited: 01/20/16 • Mixed & Mastered: 02/22/16
Vinny Golia: Woodwind Instruments and Percussion
Maori Bird Call, C and G Piccolos, Alto Flute, Bass Flute, Basset Horn, Bass Clarinet, G Mezzo Soprano and Bb Soprano Saxophones, Sopranino Saxophone, Tibetan Trumpets, Gyaling, Fujara, Overtone Flutes, Himalayan Singing Bowls, Gongs
1. Rongorongo—Opening For Richard Nuns 2:17
2. Let Me Introduce Myself, I’m Norman Reed 5:47
3. The Taulas Of Menorca 5:41
4. I…Have A Turtle Neck And Can Be Trusted 7:37
5. Hessdalan Lights 1:27
6. Nazca Lines 9:58
7. Xenoglossy 8:34
8. Dedicated To The Great Instrument Builders: Eva, Peter, and Benedict 6:15
9. The Agropelter…(Bobo…How Are You?…) 1:53
10. Unexpected Incidents For Wenseslao Moquel 5:16
Recorded October 2016 at The Music Room Valencia, California by Wayne Peet
Mixed and mastered December 2016 at Newzone Studio, Venice, California by Wayne Peet and Vinny Golia
Photographs by Vinny Golia • Art and layout by Jeff Kaiser
A joint release of pfMENTUM (PFMCD111)and Ninewinds (NWCD329)
Keep an eye out for the upcoming recording of solo trumpet by Dave Ballou. More to come!
As always, we are grateful for you, our listeners and artists.
Free tracks are always available (HOURS of *free* music) at: http://pfmentum.com/listen/
AND, please take a moment to “Like” us at: https://www.facebook.com/pfmentumangryvegan
All the best!
Jeff, Max, Louis, and Ted
Tweets by pfmentum